Skip to main content
Get support banner

Make a report

If you, or someone you know, has been impacted by or is concerned about a child's safety, there are services and resources available to help. The information below can help you report child safety concerns, including child sexual abuse. You can report child sexual abuse no matter how long ago it occurred.

Information relating to child safety and protection may bring up strong feelings. Remember, you are not alone. If you need assistance or support, our Get support page provides a list of dedicated services.

Make a report

The National Office for Child Safety (the National Office) provides national leadership to develop and deliver national policies and strategies to increase children's safety and prevent harm to them, with a particular focus on child sexual abuse.

The National Office does not investigate criminal matters, deliver child protection services or provide direct support services. However, help is available - contact details for police, state and territory child protection agencies are listed below.

Non-English speakers can access these services through the Translating and Interpreting Services (TIS) by calling 131 450. TIS is available 24/7.

If you are deaf and/or find it hard hearing or speaking with people who use a phone, the National Relay Service (NRS) can help you. The NRS is available 24/7.

Report a crime

If you need to report a crime contact your local police on 131 444 or call Crimestoppers on 1800 333 000. In an emergency, call 000.

Report online child abuse material

To report online child sexual abuse, including child sexual abuse material, please contact the Australian Centre to Counter Child Exploitation using the Report Abuse button.

You can also report illegal content, including online child sexual exploitation and abuse material, to the eSafety Commissioner.

Report to child protection agencies

Protecting Australia’s children is everybody’s business. If you suspect a child or young person is at risk of harm, abuse or neglect you can contact your relevant state or territory child protection agency.

Australian Capital Territory

South Australia

New South Wales


Northern Territory



Western Australia