Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse 2020 Annual Progress Report
The Australian Government third Annual Progress Report on implementation of recommendations of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse is now available.
The Report details the Australian Government’s ongoing work and commitment, and continuing partnership with States and Territories, to implement recommendations of the Royal Commission throughout 2020.
The National Office for Child Safety (the National Office) progressed work on the following key recommendations:
- continuing to develop the National Strategy to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse
- reviewing and updating the Commonwealth Child Safe Framework
- developing new resources to support implementation of the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
- contributing to the ongoing development of the Australian Child Maltreatment Study, and
- working with non-government organisations and sectors to support and promote child safe approaches.
The National Office also facilitates non-government institution reporting on implementation of recommendations of the Royal Commission. In 2020 the National Office invited 69 institutions to report. In addition, institutions were invited to provide examples that highlight their organisation’s positive approaches to child safe culture and practices.
All reports received will be made available on the Australian Government Response website.